Thursday, June 18, 2020

The Songs of Master’s Voice



           This week’s artist is likely new to you. I’ve been around Gospel music for a few decades now and in the “industry” for over two years now and have only recently become acquainted with them.  In early 2019 I was sent their album “Vintage”, then in December 2019 I received their latest album, “Solace”. It is this album that I intend on reviewing for your benefit and I hope to introduce you to this rising group.


Released in January of this year and available on cd and in digital form, I highly recommend it. Normally I reserve that suggestion for the end of the review, but let’s be honest, even if I have a negative review of someone or an album, I still hope that you will listen and form your own opinion.

The group began in 1995, and have only released five albums, one of which was a Christmas album. Although only a few albums are under their belt, this latest release has everything you could ask for. It is surprisingly packed with 12 songs and over 45 minutes of listening pleasure. The album begins with a mid-tempo song, “Let Us Not Grow Weary”, it is plain and simple an encouraging song straight from Galatians 6:9. “He’s coming Back” is again torn from scripture. It has a musical vibe that reminds me of the disco era, but it’s not off-putting in any way.

My favorite title is “Things Only God Can Do”. Opening with the prayer that many of us prayed as a child, “Now I lay me down to sleep”, the song outlines some of those simple things and moments in our life that are actually profound.  The fourth track is “Thinking Outside the Grave’, is begins with a dark overtone, but once the lyrics start to unravel you’ll soon realize that “Life doesn’t end with a box in the ground”, and as believers we can think beyond the grave.

Their latest radio single is “Peace Like a River” has an island themed intro, followed by wonderfully delivered lyrics by Tenor/Owner Ricky Capps. You’re bound to feel a little lighter after hearing this, so be sure to request it on Radio or even on Southern Gospel Point of View. There are seven more songs on this album, and each one is worth your time. I’d love to hear your thoughts about the album, but especially track 11 “Last of the Last Days”. 

Do me a favor, go to my website and request any of their songs, you can also call in your request at 865-315-7996. When you call, leave a voicemail about any of the groups, reviews, or songs that you’ve enjoyed through this article. 

I have to encourage you one last time to get to know Master’s Voice. They are everything you can look for in a quartet, but that’s just my Southern Gospel Point of View. 

For more Southern Gospel news, visit www.southerngospelpov.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment